Sunday 2 February 2014

Sportswear - WEEK 1

I enjoyed this week because we were able to look at live fashion in order to influence out designs. I thought this was inspirational, but did not want my designs to be influenced by end garments. The inspiration i took from the trip was the texture of certain sportswear garments and the type of fabrication used. For instance, the some sporty fabrics used holey fabrics in order to keep the wearer from retaining too much heat. I liked this use of textile because it looked more interesting that plain woven fabrics. 
I discovered that most sportswear had numbers in a certain font, which to me acts like a logo for sportswear and was an easy identification for sport influenced fashion. 


This project was to encourage me to use more colours: This took me out of my comfort zone, because i usually use minimal colours in my previous project. I enjoyed looking a bright fabrics and colours as it was from one extreme to the other and allowed me to experiment. I would use what i learnt about colour in my other projects, as i have learnt that colour is crucial for fashion development.

Logos such as Nike and Adidas  are very common among sportswear and thought that machine embroidery should be used in my designs, as this also determines a sports related fashion garment.





No comments:

Post a Comment