Sunday 2 February 2014

Sportswear - WEEK 2

During this week, i concentrated on using the research  i gained and applied it to contemporary fashion. I found it difficult to apply my other concept of 'ancient Olympia' because the fabric manipulation seemed dated, which conflicted with the contemporary design of modern sportswear. I overcame this problem by applying the fabrics i research during last week and applied them to the Grecian construction details. For example, draping was a signature design of Grecian style, therefore i used a drapy and flowing material like net, which is used in some sportswear such as vests.


This exercise we did on the stands, helped me to adapt the designs of the ready made sportswear and the Grecian style robes. This is because the paper on the mannequins indicates seam lines, which alter a garment tremendously. I would use this exercise in other projects, because i found it very useful and helped me to understand how the garment may be maid and how the fabric will be ultimately manipulated using the seams i created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment