Tuesday 5 November 2013

Identity & Self - WEEK 6 - Accessories

I think I achieved a decent amount of development for this week. Looking back at all the weeks, I see that my weakness is my development. I will have to ask for a bit of guidance in order to resolve this problem, but I believe some if it is due to me being too precise with presentation. 

I was pleased with the final outcome, despite that I simplified my original design. When I spoke to Carol, she said the shoes with the rib cage structure would be too much, which I agreed to, bit thought I could use this idea for the final outcome of the project.

In my mind had a clear idea what I wanted to make the shoe out of, but it would be too difficult to make with the time I had and wouldn't support the body weight of the wearer. I wanted to use the 3D printer but it was too short notice. In future I would like to used the 3D printer because I like to add intricate details.

Instead of using wire as the main skeleton of the shoe, I used and exciting shoe which was much more practical (even though it's intent was not to be practical). Carol suggested that I use the whole shoe but cut down to be more open - (I only wanted to use the heel, sole and platform). If I had more time, I would have 3D printed part of the shoe, such as the open wire sides. I was planning to paint the shoes black, but after placing the black knit on, I would look more effective to paint it white. This development complimented the contrast theme. Another Carol suggested was to just have the knit wrapped round, instead of adding more parts. Se said that the knit resembled the original shape I took from my special object, although I didn't think it was obvious enough, therefore I adapted the design to have spine on the back of the heel which was made from clay. This was to apply the shape I developed from my special object. Instead of clay, I would have to used a sturdier material using the 3D printer because the clay parts kept on falling off. This made the shoes impractical.




No comments:

Post a Comment